Tuesday 31 March 2015

NZ120 DBR Arrives

Just a quick post to show some pictures of the NZ120 DBR Printed by Shapeways in Frosted Ultra Detail.
When I took the pictures I had already washed, scrubbed the model & blown out with the air compressor a few times before spraying a coat of Tamiya Fine Primer.
Recommended Chassis type; N scale Atlas (SD35, SD24) Kato (SD7/9), same as the DC class






Sitting on chassis

Sitting on chassis, nz120 nzr style coupler

Sitting on chassis, nz120 nzr style coupler. Sideframes will be filed down & brass sideframe needs some filing down..
Not enough primer, try again... Lovely rear tho...



Will update this post as I paint her up.. if I can decide what scheme that is...

After painting her up, shes almost presentable, still need to apply handrails, rear coupler, air hoses & window glazing.



After attaching handrails as carefully as I can, some cruel closeups are posted showing the damage!






No comments:

Post a Comment

18v Battery Power

I recently saw a post about 18v Battery Power being used on model trains as a source of motive power, the sort you might use on a drill or a...